Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Homemade Hand Cream Part Deux!

I know I wrote about my success with making my own hand cream, and while it initially came out well it began doing funny things. It took some effort to rub in (not as much as the first few batches) and was a bit greasy. Pretty good overall, but could be improved. Well it appears that I am going in the right direction. Not perfect, but close to it.  
 This batch had a beautiful, light, creamy consistency and absorbs well, but has a weird odour (I believe it's the wheat germ). I will keep working on it, but here is what I used this time around (listed in order of quantity):

Distilled Water
Vegetable Glycerin
Aloe Juice
EVCO
Coconut Butter
Shea butter
Wheat Germ
Emulsifying wax (just found out that this is not 100% natural--will be looking for an alternative)
Steric acid
Corn starch 
Grapefruit seed extract
Hydrogenated jojoba protein 
Vanilla fragrance and lemongrass EO (will use less of the lemongrass)

No comments:

Post a Comment