Sunday, March 7, 2010

Success! I Finally Made my Own Hand Cream!!

So I've been struggling to make a batch of usable body cream. The batches I've made thus far have been okay, but no where near successful (e.g. thick, gloppy, separating, the smell has been off.  As a result, I was feeling a little defeated. I decided to give it one more try and OMG I love it. It's rich, creamy (as oppose to thick and gloppy), absorbs well (without having to rub and rub and rub...), and as I write this can I say my hand is buttery soft! I found the recipe online but modified it slightly (ingredients provided below). I made note of the changes I made and will be modifying it slightly once again the second time around. I am soooo elated! Now if I can just come up with a great hair conditioner I will be set. Here is what I used:


Ingredients:
Spring water infused with lemongrass, lavender, rose and jasmine (will eliminate the jasmin, just don't care for the smell)
Shea butter
EVCO
Avocado oil
Castor oil/EVOO blend (infuse with calendula flower and plantain)
Jojoba oil
Vitamin E
Emulsifying wax
Bees wax
Stearic acid
Honey
Corn starch (will use a tad more next time)
Xanthan gum
Grapefruit seed extract
Hydrogenated jojoba protein
Geranium rose, Queen of Rose and Sweet Orange EO (will use a tad more next time)

No comments:

Post a Comment