Day 1-7 (Jan 23-29, 2011)
So I completed my first detoxing and man it is throwing me for a loop.You would think I would be use to this by now since this is my third time doing one, but I guess it has just been so long; a year and a half to be exact. The first two days were the worse simply because I had the worse headache and felt absolutely exhausted. I expected as such because this tends to be my body's response when it is trying to rid itself of the toxins I've stored up, but man it still hit me bad. I really recommend that if you are starting a detox, start it when you know you have at least two days off work, like the weekend if you typically have those days off. It will give your body the time it needs to adjust if necessary and provide you with the down time you may need to rest.
On the positive side, I have noticed a few changes. For starters I am sleeping more soundly (no more insomnia). This has been an issue for me for a while, and it seems to be getting better. I am also starting to feel a lot lighter if that makes any sense. Usually I feel "heavy" and weighed down, and I don't mean heavy in terms of weight, because I am a fairy decent size fore my height. I mean heavy in terms of feeling bogged down and bloated.
I have increased my water intake, but it still isn't where it should be--why is that so damn hard for me? That needs to be a challenge onto itself LOL. I've also stuck with my new detox menu, but it has been challenging. While it's been fun preparing new recipes, it is a pain having to make absolutely everything from scratch
. I found that if I make a few big batches of food it is a lot easier to simply pack it and take it to work for lunch or reheat once I get home, which has really helped me stay on track. My only problem is my darn sweet tooth. I have been craving sweets/sugar like crazy
!
To moisturize my hair and skin I've been using a touch of shea butter, which seems to be keeping my hair very moisturized and giving my skin a really nice glow. I've also been using this new conditioner (not that Aubrey's would have been an issue because it's 100% natural I just wanted to try something new). I will be posting a review on it next week. I figure it will give me more time to truly judge the results of the conditioner. Well I am a little beat. This first week has been hard, but I feel worth the effort.
On the positive side, I have noticed a few changes. For starters I am sleeping more soundly (no more insomnia). This has been an issue for me for a while, and it seems to be getting better. I am also starting to feel a lot lighter if that makes any sense. Usually I feel "heavy" and weighed down, and I don't mean heavy in terms of weight, because I am a fairy decent size fore my height. I mean heavy in terms of feeling bogged down and bloated.
I have increased my water intake, but it still isn't where it should be--why is that so damn hard for me? That needs to be a challenge onto itself LOL. I've also stuck with my new detox menu, but it has been challenging. While it's been fun preparing new recipes, it is a pain having to make absolutely everything from scratch
. I found that if I make a few big batches of food it is a lot easier to simply pack it and take it to work for lunch or reheat once I get home, which has really helped me stay on track. My only problem is my darn sweet tooth. I have been craving sweets/sugar like crazy
! To moisturize my hair and skin I've been using a touch of shea butter, which seems to be keeping my hair very moisturized and giving my skin a really nice glow. I've also been using this new conditioner (not that Aubrey's would have been an issue because it's 100% natural I just wanted to try something new). I will be posting a review on it next week. I figure it will give me more time to truly judge the results of the conditioner. Well I am a little beat. This first week has been hard, but I feel worth the effort.
No comments:
Post a Comment