Thursday, January 21, 2010

Welcome Ebony Diamonds!


Welcome and thank you for visiting Ebony Diamond!

So what is "Ebony Diamond" all about? Well it is my personal blog charting the trials, tribulations and success of my healthy lifestyle journey, amongst other things. The reasons for starting this blog are paramount. For years I have lived an unhealthy lifestyle (e.g. really poor eating habits, lack of adequate sleep, lack of exercise, holding onto too much stress, etc...), which has begun to take its toll.

So here I am, starting yet another blog, but making this blog unique in the following ways:
  1. The main focus of this blog will be the use natural (and where ever possible homemade) products to achieve beautiful flawless skin and a healthy body.  I believe it is possible to achieve a healthy body, beautiful skin (and hair) while also minimizing, if not eliminating the use of harsh synthetic chemicals found in most products on the market. I haven't been able to accomplish it just yet, but I am determined to try!
  2. It will share creative ways to take care of your skin and body with everyday items found in your kitchen. I have come across some great sites that share recipes and informative videos on how to make all natural lotions, creams and hair products. I will be sharing these (and some of my own) recipes, as well as any other information I come across on my journey.
  3. It will include personal workout challenges and goals. I will say upfront, I don't plan to go on a diet. I love food too damn much! Instead I will be changing my eating habits (e.g. eating smarter) and incorporating regular exercise. 
  4. It will include the real trials and tribulations of my journey. Let's be honest--life happens, and there will be times when a recipe just doesn't work out or I may want to sit on my butt and eat half a cake just because I had a crappy day. I think seeing and hearing about the difficulties someone encounters can be just as informative as the successful outcomes---as long as y'all are laughing with me and not at me.... I also think documenting my journey this way will keep me committed to this process. Hopefully that will keep you committed as well.
So there you have it. That's "Ebony Diamond". You'll find I'm a little crazy, but I like to have fun. I hope you enjoy the journey, and welcome once again!




No comments:

Post a Comment