! Like most women I have come across I am experiencing some bad days and good days on my journey. Some of my fellow hair divas at HI are helping me out, but I realized that I had to stop, slow down and really figure out what I am trying to achieve because honestly just saying that I am trying to achieve "beautiful skin" is just too vague to be a goal! So to avoid the pitfalls of the past (e.g. becoming a serious PJ) I decided to sit down and really organize my thoughts
. What am I trying to achieve? What are some of the issues I have with my skin and body right now? Basically, what I was trying to do was come up with some mini goals, so that in time I would be able to achieve my overall goal of beautiful healthy skin and body. This is what I came up with:
Skin:
- Eliminate (or at least seriously reduce) my acne
- Control oily skin
- Minimize the size of pores
- Even skin tone on face, neck, chest, arms and back (lighten my hyperpigmentation)
- Even skin tone around neck, chest and stomach (dark patches)
- Eliminate scaly dry skin on legs
- Remove callous on the bottom of feet/dry skin on heels
- Lighten birthmark
Body:
- Increase overall energy level
- Loss excess weight (no number specified)
- Increase muscle tone in arms
- Define stomach/abs
- Define chest
- Lift and sculpt butt
- Tone legs/trim calves
If you've read my Back to Basics post you will know that the way this works is to take each mini goal one at a time, only moving to the goal once the previous one has been achieved (to your satisfaction). It's a slow process, but it will help me find the right products for my skin, and really know how my skin/body is responding to a particular product or techniques. Before I was trying everything but the cleaners under my kitchen sink on my skin and I had no idea what was or wasn't working for me.
In addition to these mini goals I want to do a few things that should help my goals along nicely and just keep me and my skin/body healthy overall:
- Drink H2O (minimum 2 litres/day)
- Eat 6 small well balanced meals everyday (esp. breakfast!)
- Take a good quality multivitamin (3x/day) as well as Iron, Calcium, Antioxidants and B-vitamin complex
- Get adequate sleep daily
- De-stress by logging in my journal daily
Now by going completely natural (as far as skin care products go), this will take some time because I have a lot of product to get through, but on my way I will be incorporating as many natural products as possible. However, this is not set in stone, if natural products just don't give me what I want.... well something has got to give. My main goal is to accomplish beautiful glowing skin, by any means possible. But I truly believe this can be accomplished with natural products. I just need to find the right ones. One thing I have found helpful with my hair journey is to find some product I really love, build a regimen that works, then gradually change the products to natural alternatives. This will help minimize my PJism.
As for my "diet" that will just require me to eliminate processed food and incorporating more teas, fruits, vegetables and lean protein (fish, beans and lentils). I'll keep you posted on how it goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment